Monday, December 19, 2005

Secret Sentence VIII

Below, I wrote a journal entry and in my entry there are Blue words in bold scattered throughout it. The object of the game is to form the correct sentence from the words that I have given you! I will be giving you a dummy word to make it a little more difficult. The people who guess correctly will be put in a drawing of sorts, and the winner gets to have a sentence of their choice in the next "Secret Sentence"! However, the winner cannot guess in the next "Secret Sentence" if they submit a sentence in. I'll post the answer at the end of the week!

Last weeks winner was Angelia. Not only did she guess Ari's sentence right, but she was also the first one to take a shot at it.

Secret Sentence VIII: Two Charles', Two Cities

Sometimes I just think the world is out to get me. Yesterday my till was short $60. I don’t know….you know what I actually have a funny feeling. I’m not going to say anything here, except that I am “suspicious”. I hardly have any customers today, I didn’t do anything with requiring large sums of money, and my till is $60 short. I went and talked to the manager on duty, before I left, because I wanted him to know how I felt, but I didn’t mention my “suspicion”, because I don’t have any proof. Last month my till was $100 short (so was my “suspicion“), and I could figure it out. I count and then I double count, and in some cases I even triple count and I end up short. Funny thing is I was thinking that this was the worst time I had at work, but it isn’t. I can handle a complaint, but being accused of stealing or incompetence. I am not a thief, and I may forget what I am getting or what I am doing from time to time, but I never forget to get charge someone for something. I just got off of vacation and now this happens. I will just leave it at that.

I must thank two people today.

First: Ari for sending me the link to and how to download “To Zanarkand”, which is the theme song to Final Fantasy X. Actually it was a remix, but I still like it, I also found the original in the MIDI format. I can listen to the original on my computer, but I can’t save it to my new phone, or MP3 player. Her idea/suggestion turned on a “light bulb of determination”. I went on to look for “Memory of Light and Wave”, which is the theme to Final Fantasy X-2, and I found it and downloaded it too. It is funny that the record industry wants us to legally purchase and download music, but they don’t provide us necessarily with the music we are looking for. Everyone doesn’t like the “Mainstream”. I don’t like all rap or all R&B, or Rock and Roll, and I don’t think the music industry knows what is in the best interests of the consumer, or a community in general. Some of the music that comes out nowadays isn’t very artistic or in some cases from the heart. I think it’s from wherever greed lurks. Sign of the times I guess, but I am getting away from my point. My first Secret Sentence quote was, “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one“. In some cases this can be a bad thing. Both of those songs were on video game soundtracks and the company that release them (I guess) didn’t think that the albums were going to sell. Well guess what, they did, and both albums are on back order. This led me to go to Media Play, and guess what…it is going out of business. Not only that, but the clerk told me that she didn’t think I had a chance of even getting them. So then I decided that I would go and try and find it on Napster, and even Wal-Mart.com. They didn’t have it, so I get Ari’s comment and now I am a happy camper, because I got the songs illegally mind you, but I didn’t have any other alternative.

Second: Gem for sending me a Christmas card, and a little card inside that I am going to use as a book mark. I think it reflects me and how I am struggling with the image of myself. “Be Yourself”, that is exactly what I am trying to be. On a side note, I must say that I could easily take parts of what I said in the first paragraph about greed and put it down in this paragraph when I got my Christmas card in the mail (thank you, thank you, thank you) the envelope was ripped open and the top was in shreds. Someone opened my letter, and that is so wrong! I wonder what they thought they were going to get out of it. Thank you Gem, I appreciated the gift, it’s the first time that I have gotten any kind of card in a long time. Man this is the best Christmas I have had in awhile.

Thanks you guys (well actually gals) for the gifts!

Some of the greatest times that I have had were at the movies. Friday I went to see King Kong. How many remakes does that make…two? Well I went and I saw it, because I never saw the original and I don’t remember the first remake that well (actually I would have went and saw the new one anyways). The first hour, they were trying to set up the movie. I didn’t like this, because it took an hour and I didn’t think Jack Black was good for this role. Jack Black basically ruined the first hour for me, yes he did!!! There was one part that I paid attention to in the first hour though, without giving part of the movie away, let me just say I could relate to what the old man was saying when he told Ann that whenever she gets close to someone they always leave her. Back to Jack Black, I thought that he was bad for this part, until later on in the film, when the “sniveling little weasel” came out in his character. He plays “weasel” well, excellent actually. If he ever gets another dramatic/action film roll, he must play the weasel! I must make another point about the movie. Spoiler Alert: don’t read if you haven’t seen the movie LOL! Again, the black person Died! Why, why must the honorable black characters die? Why can’t it be the sniveling little weasels? Although I am happy that Carl lost his film, although he got something bigger. Confession: At the end when Kong (I think that Kong throws the ultimate temper tantrum in this film) died I cried! I didn’t cry because King Kong was killed (I knew it was coming). I cried because, Kong "left" Ann. Granted it wasn’t King Kong’s fault and it is a movie, but it was a very emotional scene. I have had key people in my life leave me, and not here from them again. It has left me unable to open up my heart. I even consider what my dad as leaving me! I still think that this was the best movie I saw all year, even though it made me sad. I think I will go and see a comedy next time.

4 comments:

BlogOmar said...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. That money thing, that sucks man. lordy.

Chris said...

Damn I shoulda read this earlier....three other's already got it....POOP.

Chris
My Blog
Click here for recipes & food stuff

Charles said...

Hey guys just because someone has guessed it, doesn't guarantee them as the winner. Sure I will "pimp" the first person that guessed it right, but it doesn't mean they are the winner. My point is leave your answer here, and you will be entered into the drawing.

Ari said...

The link I sent you was straight from the FF website. They are letting you download them for free. Also, in the games if you collect enough money, you can buy music and video spheres. I know it's not the same as putting a cd in, but you CAN listen to them if don't mind using your console to do that.

I never even really thought about getting the soundtrack before, but you know in FFX-2, there's this really good song I like. I might look into this.

Oh and about your till, yeah that is suspicious. I would keep your boss informed anytime it happened.

Ari