Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I hate hospitals

I feel better now, although my mother never called me back until 7pm last night. I was worried and at the same time angry that she didn't call me back in a timely matter, and when she called I was sleep and then when I woke up I got her message to call her back, but I didn't want to even bother. If I was expected to call and I didn't, I bet I would have never heard the end of it. This may seem a little childish, but I care about my family, and sometimes it may not seem like it to them. I have difficulty opening up myself to my family and such (trust issues), but that doesn't mean I don't care.

My sister has lost a lot of amniotic fluid, so they have to induce labor. She is at the hospital, and has been there since yesterday. I'm not big on hospitals, just the thought of them give me the creeps. The last time I went to one, my friend Randi was in the hospital because of Appendicitis. While I was there they had to change dressing on the scar where they had to surgically remove her appendix. I decided that I was not going to be present when they did this, so I waited outside in the hall, with Randi's mom. During all this, my brother Jevon decided to stay and watch. He was interested in this (really interested), I can only imagine what be going on in that head sometimes. I once remember seeing Jevon looking at a website that featured damaged lungs from Cigarette smoke, mangled body parts and I think a dead person too (I'm not sure). I am shocked that there is a website out there like this. I'm glad I can't remember the name of it. Anyways every time I end up at a hospital, it's because of something bad. I don't think I would like to be present when the baby is born (walking bad luck charm).

Last night Jevon decides that he is going to try and impose his will on me and keeps asking me if I am going to see my sister at the hospital. I didn't give him an answer, and finally Bouk interrupted our conversation and came a running up my stairs (thank you Bouk). I will wait until she comes home, no one can convince me otherwise.

3 comments:

Jackie S. said...

I hope everything will go well with her. Hositals creep me out, too.
Did you know that on the Health Channel, they show actual trauma victims, surgeries and all? Share that with Jevon! ;-)

Ari said...

I really hope everything is okay.

You don't have to be there when she has the baby, just make sure you give the newborn extra hugs and kisses from me when you do see him.

Ari

BlogOmar said...

I hope everything is okay. But look bro, you're big Uncle Charles, you got a long life of uncle responsibility ahead of you. It's all good.