Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers Birthday

0

Today is a big day! For all of the fathers out there today, they will have breakfast in bed, dinner at restaurants, presents, and some TLC. It's a good day for fathers, but you know what, it's supposed to be a big day for me.

All of you fathers out there have robbed me of my birthday. This was supposed to be my day. Now I can't go out to any restaurants, because they will be packed. I probably won't be able to get a seat in a movie theatre either, unless I want to go see Garfield 2, which I don't. What do I do then, I guess I could go shopping, but if I have learned anything about holidays, its that there is always last minute shoppers. I swear if I hear, "are you buying this for your father" the cashier won't live to see tomorrow. If they are lucky I will do what the blogger formerly known as Mad Secretary
suggested to me ( I think I may use this today Emily).

Seriously what do I plan to do on this father's birthday (which by the way happens every seven years)? I plan to buy a squirt gun and squirt every dad I see. That or buy a new MP3 player and a few movies. I really want a new car, a zoom lens for my camera, some new clothes, a new computer, and a winning lotto ticket for at least one million dollars. You think that's possible, probably not...

Anyways I'm 13 now, and I don't feel any younger. Did I say 13, I meant I am 31 now and I don't feel any older. I can't believe it. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd make it to 24. Being the age of 31 is a blessing. I was so depressed when I was a teen and I thought I would end up commiting suicide. I remember my 12 grade English teacher saying that a young black male is lucky to make to 24. Him and I had a heated discussion because I refused to believe his statistic. Then it wouldn't leave my head and it ended up embedded in my memory. I guess I am lucky huh.

I wanted to make this birthday a special one, but I have no idea what I can do, that the father's aren't doing.

Shopping it is!

Here is a video by Mondo Grosso featuring "You Know Who". If you don't know who I am talking about you should read my journal more. I feel it's kind of relative to "growing".





If you notice to two kids at "six year olds" walking, then they eventually get to someone at "sixteen years old", and finally someone "a little older than before". I think it's a cool video concept, and a beautiful song performed by Amel Larrieux.

If there is anyone else celebrating a birthday out there. Happy Birthday to you, and to all of you fathers out there. Happy Father's day.

7 comments:

Chelle said...

::puts on Marilyn Monroe dress::

::taps Mic::

HAP - PY BIRTH-DAY to YOU... HAP-PY BIRTH-DAY

TO

YOU

HAP-PY BIRTHDAY MR CINISOUL.... (charles)

Hap-py

Birth-
day

to

::whispers while being over to show cleavage::

you...

::blows kiss::

Michele said...

Happy birthday charles,you almost
had me stating you were 13.
Smootches!

redsneakz said...

Happy birthday. You're still a young man :-)

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! Great post. I also picked up a few of the articles written by NASCAR dads on my blog. Not a dad myself, but have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

You really got kicked out of daycare?

J~

Charles said...

Thanx everyone for the birthday wishes.

Judith

yes I did get kicked out of daycare. I gave the kid a bloody nose. I didn't understand, and I didn't know why until a few years later on when my mother told me. The two people behind the fight (our "babysitters"), never got any trouble. I wonder how many other fights they started?

RevRee said...

I dont know ya, but Happy belated Birthday :-)