Saturday, March 25, 2006

V for Vaccine M for Movie I for Internet

Okay this is so why I am going to get something other than dial-up. I went online yesterday and I was going to read some journals, and maybe even post an entry (maybe not). Then I was asked why I was online, and didn't I read the note. I guess my sister was expecting a phone call. I new about the letter, but I didn't care. I just wanted to read and pass some time. Okay, I admit it was wrong, and I was being selfish, but other than going online, I don't have much of a life (which is something I intend to change). I didn't know why my sister needed the phone to stay clear, until I was told that she was expecting a phone call from a doctor in regards to Jalani's circumcision. He still hasn't gotten it yet, and now that I think about it, I hope that he doesn't get it taken care of until one of us (my sister or myself) has moved out.

So after it was all said and done, I decided to go to the movies and see V for Vendetta. It was pretty good movie, cleverly written, and like in The Matrix movies
Hugo Weaving proves that he has the Gift Of Gab. I know he didn't write it, but he sure spoke his lines very well, especially the one scene where just about every word he said started with a V. I can add him to my list of favorite actors and actresses.

Before I went home I had to go to get my computer its medication (LOL) from trojans, worms, and other viruses, because it kept telling me that it's dosage was about to expire. I walked from the movie theatre to Wal-Mart. It was a long walk...see look!



It was 2.64 miles, and it had an estimated time of 6 minutes by car, but not by foot. It took me an hour to get there. By the time I got there I was sweating bullets, and it was cold yesterday. I ended up getting more than what I intended on getting (always). I got a DVD cleaner for the player on my computer. I was hoping that, cleaning it would solve the issue, it didn't. I forgot that it can't even detected any discs in the first place. Stupid DVD/CD drive keeps telling me to insert disc. When I tried to use the power DVD on my computer it said it didn't support "this format". I don't know what's going on with it, so I will just leave it be, until I buy a new one, and install it myself.

After I was done with my shopping, I took the bus back home. There wasn't anyway I was walking home, from Wal-Mart after I walked to Wal-Mart from the theatre. When I got on the bus, I noticed something strange. The seats for this particular model were different. For a second I thought they were different seats, but then I noticed the cloth covering the cushion was the same color as the seats on the other buses like this one. It turned out that they were not different seats at all. Someone at RTS had a bright idea to paint the chairs bright blue, and they did a lousy job at it too.



I'm guessing that they were trying to cover up all of the graffiti on the old girl. It was a good idea (a ghetto idea), but they should have been more thorough. I still like the bus, because it has enough leg room for me. Some of the newer models are a killer on my knees, so I have be aggressive when I get on them and make run for side seats. Which means I either have to sit in the front and hope that no one in a wheel chair gets on, or I have to go all the way to the back and disrespect Rosa Parks memory. I mostly like to sit in the front for that reason. The other reason was because back when I was in middle/high school, all of the "cool" kids would sit in the back of the bus. I admit that I wanted to be "cool", but I wasn't, and I wasn't a dork either. I was somewhere in the middle lost, in the world of teens. So looked towards the front of the bus always, and I have been there for the most part ever since.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I didn't get to sit in the back with the cool kids as I was a band geek and played the tenor sax and the driver said it was too big and I had to sit in the front seat. I was CRUSHED! I had an hour long ride and all my friends sat in the back. I was so upset my mom talked to the driver herself and it was not a pretty conversation. After that, I was driven to school. BUT I road the bus home as my parents worked and lugged that thing 1/2 mile down this very road. I believe that was the start of my bad shoulder for this day.

Charles YOU ROCK! And let's see them long sexy legs that need room!

Ari said...

You know what? You are probably one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. I never would have noticed the seats. And here you are, writing about how it felt to be a teen and Rosa Parks... It's amazing Charles. It's amazing how you can take a bus ride and make it insightful and thought-provoking. I'm in awe.

Ari