Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Life can be Amazing


Taken the day my brother Jevon had Surgery on his hand!


Nothing interesting happening here. Yesterday I felt a little down (yeah), but I started feeling better. I heard Jalani crying from all of the way upstairs from my bedroom/attic. I went downstairs and talked to him, even though I couldn't understand what he was saying. His pacifier fell out of his mouth so I put it back in. I smiled at my little nephew, as if to say everything is alright. Everything was, except Jalani didn't want to be in his car seat/baby-seat any longer. So I took him out of there and carried him around the house. Finally we both got tired (I think), and I went and sat down on the couch with him. I did something that I never thought I would ever do. I put him to sleep.

Jalani has gotten much heavier since he was that 4lb. 5oz. Baby that I was worried about. Now he is smiling and cooing. It's so cute (yes I said cute). I am so happy to be an uncle. If it wasn't for Jalani, I would have probably been down for the whole week. Just having him let me hold him and put him to sleep made me feel special, made me feel privileged, made me feel happy. I have been feeling kind of lonesome as of late. Holding my nephew in that time made the feeling subside somewhat. Someday I hope that I can tell him that he is important to me, and that he made a difference in my life. Someday, maybe I will even be able to show him this journal entry.

1 comment:

DesLily said...

i copy and past each entry i make to Word. I even save all the comments. Then once every 2 weeks or so I put them on a cd.. that way i can never loose them..and if you did that you could show your nephew this entry and others that mention him.