Saturday, September 23, 2006

Theory of a deadman (not the band, but me)

It's that time of year again!

That time of year when you wake up in the morning and discover that your shivering and freezing your butt off.

That time of year when the High Temperature is fluctuating between hot and cold.

That time of year when you start to bring out all of your long sleeve shirts, from out of storage.

It's that time of year again where I go and buy a descendant of my best friend and hope that we can be friends too. As long as it doesn't mind sacrificing itself for my nose.

Where I hear complaints about how cold it is.

Where all of the leaves fall off and die, but leaves (leafs) us a beautiful color show.

That time when my neighborhood seems more peaceful, because no one wants to be out on a cold day.

It's that time of year again, and I have a Theory.

The Autumnal Equinox (Sept. 23, 2006, 12:03 AM EDT) is here so you better be prepared. This means folks that The Fall is officially here, and that winter isn't far behind. Get prepared, because I have a feeling this is going to be a bad one. Why you ask, because I haven't had a fever all year long. The last time I went without having flu like symptoms, was in 1998. I didn't get sick at all that year, and the winter of '98 (December 1998-March of 1999) was a pretty bad one. We had a blizzard in March that nearly stopped everything in our city. People didn't have to go to work (unless you work in a grocery store), kids didn't have school, buses weren't running, and cars were getting stuck. This was the considered the blizzard of '99, and I think we had nearly three feet of snowfall in 48 hours. So unless I become ill within the next couple of months be afraid, be very afraid. No one on the east coast will be safe. I have felt tired, and weak from a lack of sleep, but I haven't been sick at all. Usually the erratic temperatures get to me, and turn me into a big moping baby mess.

NOT SO FAR!

I bet everyone going to put some kind of voodoo curse or a jinx on me now. "Hey Charles, achoo!" I better go and knock on some wood or something.

Oh and I forgot, first we have to fall back.

3 comments:

X. Dell said...

Farmer's Almanac says were headed for a bad winter. Guess it serves us right, since we had a good summer weather-wise.

Kelly said...

I hate this time of year, you alternate between wanting to put on the a/c in the afternoon and the furnace early in the morning - but you can't do either because it's just not quite hot/cold enough to warrant it!

Chelle said...

I onlly wish you GOOD health young man! No real friends would wish anything BUT! :o)

*hugs*

Take care of yourself.

Come on OLD MAN WINTER! ROCK MY WORLD!