Monday, September 03, 2007

Headline worthy (shrugs)

Never in my live have I ever participated in anything in entertainment. I never voted on American Idol, I never met a celebrity, and I have never submitted anything to a television talk show...Until now. I'm hoping what I sent will be used. I think it was funny so maybe Jay Leno will. Last Wednesday while I was on break and bored at work I decided to read the newspaper. More Specifically the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. Now normally I'm only interested in two sections...sports and living sections (funnies). So much for sophistication huh? Anyways for some odd reason I wanted to read something different.

I haven't the slightest reason why I decided to read something different. Maybe it was the boredom of the same ole same ole, or maybe my age is catching up to me (Who knows). I ended up picking up the local and state section(s) of the paper. I looked in the left column of the state portion of the paper, where all of the short but sweet stories are. There I saw a very humorous article. It was about a man who robbed another man of four dollars. What made it strange was that he only wanted the four dollars. For some stupid reason I sent the clipping in without copying it so I can't show you what I saw. However I managed to find another article about it online.

This is what I read:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) - A knife-wielding robber needed only $4, so he refused to take a $10 bill from his victim and waited while the man made change at a pizza parlor, police said Tuesday.

He then took the $4 and ran off, only to be captured a few blocks away, police said.

Like I said I have never sent anything in ever in my life so i'm hoping Jay will show it on his Headlines segment of the Tonight Show. I would soooo get a kick out of it! Just to see it on TV and know I sent it in would make me happy. I'm a big fan of the show and I watch it almost every night to see Jay's Monologue. I will be so sad when Jay Leno leaves the Tonight Show. I like Conan O'Brien, but Jay is funnier to me.

5 comments:

Trish Ess said...

LOL That's too funny!! I hope it gets on Leno, too! I'll be rooting for you! :)

Thanks for stopping by again! :) Totally cool with me if we do a link exchange. That'd be AWESOME! But.. you might wanna warn people of that whole politically incorrect thing I do. LOL

Oh.. not sure if you caught it when you stopped by, but I had to do a face behind the blog meme.. if you're interested in seeing the face behind mine, it's here:
http://incoherent-ish.blogspot.com/2007/08/face-behind-blog.html
:)

Chelle said...

I want the $6.00....

GIMME IT NOW!!! Or I'll! I'LL! um..

Do nothing...

::sigh::

Anonymous said...

I hope it makes it on. If it does, let us know.

Chris said...

Makes you wonder what the $4 was for, doesn't it? Perhaps tickets to see Leno? LOL

please excuse typos - one handed typing!
Chris
My Blog

shari said...

:) LOL. That is crazy.
I know what you mean....the connection/excitement you would feel at them using something you sent in. That would be awesome. That reminds me of something I read recently and now you've given me something to blog about. Thanks :)