Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm alright for the most part!

I just wanted to post and say that i'm fine!

I made it through the chemotherapy in one piece. I had a few side-effects. Most of it was indigestion. It felt like gas was going to burst out of my mouth. Then there was the toxic feeling. I mean I felt like a toxic waste dump. Only way I can explain it. Sometimes I would (still do) wake up with this weird taste in my mouth. I also had some nausea, and I would have threw up once...well at least I would have, if i had food in my stomach. I did go through the motion of throwing up, but I hadn't ate anything the night before. When I did eat I could only eat a little. Couldn't stomach more that bite fulls at a time. Funny thing was that I was really hungry. Then there was the lack of sleep. The first night I wasn't going to sleep because of these five blue pills that were given to me. Some kind of stimulant that could possibly have me bouncing off of the walls. Instead they kept me up all night. Didn't get any sleep for three days. I cried cause I was so tired and so weak. The fourth day after my chemo treatment, I called into work, because I was so tired, and because that was the day I puked up nothing. And this folks was from one dose of chemo. One potent dose yes, but one dose!

I remember one day I started out trying to walk to work and I made it to a bus stop as a bus was coming and I decided to catch it, because I felt winded. Then when walked to work from a bus stop that was maybe 1000 feet from my job I got winded again. When I walked inside I was so tired. I walked up to the service desk to say hi, and I ended up plopping my head on the counter top. I think my manager and her assistant both thought I walked to work from home, but I didn't at all that week.

As for the testicular cancer its gone, well at least thats what half of the test says (LOL). When my oncologist had a AFP test taken, he found that I had tested positive for both types of testicular cancer (Seminoma and Non-Seminoma). The tumor that was removed was seminoma. Yet after the surgery and these last few months, i've still been testing positive for the Non-Seminoma type. They don't know why I have that tumor marker in my blood, because I don't have any other tumors in my body from the looks of the Cat Scans and X-rays. I guess all they know is that its rare, and that my oncologist only have two patients with this condition. The doctor at Urology office told me that he only see one patient a year with this reading. I guess I was the one patient last year (LOL). My Urologists said that for whatever reason having that blood marker is normal for me.

I guess i'm fine for the most part. I won't lie. I'm a pretty much down right now. I bought Resident Evil Five for my Playstation 3, and I don't even feel like playing it. Heck the only thing I really feel like doing at all is playing club pogo, and chilling with my family. I missed out on alot, didn't see my cousins grow into young men and women. I Kind of regret that. I wish I could make up to them, especially since they gave me support during my bout with testicular cancer.

11 comments:

Chris said...

Damn Charles, it sounds like you've been through hell and back. I'm glad that your treatment seems to have worked but feel bad that it kicked your butt around. Get some rest dude!

Ari said...

Oh I'm so glad you've made it through! Congratulations, hon! You deserve it!

I bought RE5, too. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm going to keep trying to play to see if I can get into it. This one is much harder to really get into.

Ari

Anonymous said...

Keep up on those follow ups with your urologist. Relapses can happen...I am a relapse.

shari said...

I hope you feel better and better Charles!

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

Poor Charles. Don't you have any sick or vacation time? It sounds like you need a long vacation. I'm thinking of you. Hang in there.

shari said...

Hey Charles! Good to hear form you again! :)
Hey are you on facebook or myspace?
I am on both.

myspace.com/sharickey --if you contact me on there I'll send you my facebook info if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
redsneakz said...

Be strong, Charles - but more importantly, let other people be strong FOR you. Chemo is a tough battle to face alone, and I hope that you have family and friends with you. Never turn down any kindnesses that anyone offers you right now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.