Monday, December 17, 2007

My Insomniac Survey Thingy

How many of us out there are "Sleepless" right now? Don't all of you raise your hand or once or anything like that. Instead take this quiz thingy I thought up.

(Warning: I take no responsibility for the things I may type here, as they may make no sense, seeing how I haven't been sleeping well.)

1. When was the last time you had a good night's rest?
Can't remember honestly, when was the last time I slept straight through the night?

2. What would you give up for your missing good night's sleep?
My Junkfood cravings and ability to taste sweets. Don't need those anyways.

3. What have you tried doing, to send yourself to Dreamland?
Lets see...Music, leaving my TV on with the timer on (sound of voices helps me sometimes), sleeping downstairs on the couch, writing a annoying quiz (like now), warm cup of milk, playing video games, riding my exercise bike, taking a sleep aid (all I get is medicine head), fluffing my pillow(s), tossing and turning.

4. Any of those "remedies actually work?
Well everything but the warm milk has helped at one time or another (the milk just gave me gas). For the most part though my body became use to those remedies and as a result I stare into the dark.

5. What is the weirdest idea you used to get to sleep?
Slept with my fan on during the winter. (counter productive when your nose is congested)

6. What do you think is the reason you can't sleep?
At first I thought it was because of my weight (still think thats a possibility), but I think it may be, because I have a stuffy and runny nose (snot factory is in business). Then there is my sore throat. Loneliness... Maybe its just a host of things.

7. Any adverse effects?
Sometimes I start laughing for absolutely no reason. (don't really think thats bad though do you???)

8. Ever been so tired it affected your motor functions?
Yeah, and I bet a police officer would mistakenly give me a field sobriety test. I can't count how many times I've tripped up my steps.

9. Mood Swings?
The Grinch has nothing on me.

10. Is your insomnia affecting others in your household?
I'll find out and get back to you tomorrow.

11. Is your insomnia affecting you at work?
Yeah, at one point I went behind the bottle machines and just closed my eyes for a few minutes.

12. Anything productive come from your lack of sleep.
Once and awhile I may get up and go on a cleaning frenzy.

13. Ever fell asleep at the wheel?
No, and fortunately for the commuters out there I don't have a car.

14. I'm so tired I....
Could hit myself upside the head with a sledgehammer.

15. Do you have any sleeping tips.
Yeah, don't ever drink before bed! You may end up waking up because you have to go potty. (LOL)

I tag no one, but I am curious. Maybe I should tag someone... Everyone... Nah! Anyone that does this. Post the link in my comments section of this post. so I can take a look.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Shhhhhhh! Charles might be sleeping, don't wake him.

I prescribe reading my blog...that will put you to sleep:)

Chelle said...

zzzzzz ::snort:: zzzzzz ::rubs eyes::

what? Sorry, I fell asleep reading Chris's reply... :oD

Jeff said...

I may do this. I don't really have trouble sleeping except I NEVER sleep all the way through. Waking up periodically is just normal for me, I guess.

Anonymous said...

There's always been kind of a night owl part of me, and I guess that's affected my sleep patterns.

There's something about the night, about finding a time, a space of my own...

I think insomnia will always be somewhere in my neighbourhood, even if it goes on holiday every so often.