Saturday, May 26, 2012

If that is love...

I know some women like the bad guys. Like how they say rebellious things, and in some cases say some mean things to them. Okay I know it's kind of like rugged affection, but sometimes it can become something worse.

Today I was at work. This young couple comes in, and wants to pick up money via Western Union. At first I pay them no mind. Then I here the young man start saying, that the girl isn't treating him right. He says that he's not getting any attention, and that if she doesn't start acting right he will kick her out. She is crying, and he's still berating her. Threatening to kick her out and send her back to her parents house. These are freaking teenagers. The boy seemed immature. It got to the point where I wanted to punch him in his face. Oddly enough the money she got was in her name. Then he asked her to buy him some cigarettes in front of me. I flat out told her that he needs to show me his ID. He pulls out a Benefit card, and I told him flat out that it's not valid ID. Dude throws a freaking temper tantrum Like a kid and runs out the store. He has some issues that I would have been happy to "fix"! As the young lady was leaving I told her that she can do better. I couldn't stand to see her in tears. NO woman deserves to be treated like that. If it were up to me I would have kept her at the store and had her call her parents, because eventually I think the verbal will turn into physical abuse too. That boy has some growing up to do, he has no business being with anyone. I wish I could have done more to help her. I was at least happy I didn't have to sell the jerk any cigarettes. ;)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Reminds me of a song called "It hurts me." Elvis sang it. Look it up on Youtube if you get bored. :)